Bureau of Engineering


The Bureau of Engineering administers the Steep slope, Stormwater, Floodplain, Watercourse and Fill permits to ensure that proposed projects conform to the laws and regulations of the Town Code. In addition, the Bureau of Engineering maintains engineering records of the Unincorporated Town of Greenburgh infrastructure that consist of vital support systems such as water mains, sanitary sewers and storm drainage.

Designing & Executions

The Bureau of Engineering provides engineering research, design and construction services for capital improvements within all departments of the Unincorporated Town of Greenburgh. This Bureau designs, executes and supervises contracts for engineering, construction and maintenance of the Unincorporated Town of Greenburgh infrastructure including:

  • Curbs
  • Public buildings
  • Roadways
  • Sanitary sewers
  • New sidewalks
  • Storm drains
  • Water mains

Permit Applications

Click above to find the steep slopes permit application, stormwater management control permit application, floodplain permit application, fill permit procedure packet, and the fill permit application packet.

To obtain a street opening permit, you must come into the office. You will need to bring an original certificate of insurance, that lists the Town of Greenburgh as additional insured, a drawing of the work to be done, and two checks payable to the Town of Greenburgh (one for $50.00 for the permit fee and one for $400.00 as a refundable deposit).

Understanding Your Homeowner Responsibility for Watercourses

Watercourse Responsibility

Understanding Your Homeowner Responsibility for Water & Sewer Lines

Town and Homeowner Responsibility Graphic (Sewer and Water Line)